Obviously I'm supposed to be slogging away on my Leila Khaled book at this moment, but everyone deserves a little displacement activity and I'm overexcited about Sharyn and my book being on Amazon now. That kind of puts it out there in the real world – it's been getting more and more real, with finalised cover designs (including an afterward from Richard Falk, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights in the Occupied Territories, and blurb quotes from Jeremy Hardy: ‘An honest, forthright account full of compassion and insight. It plunges the reader into Gaza.’) and page proofs. But that's behind doors; Amazon is out in the real world. Woohoo.
This also seems like an appropriate time to flag up that people in the UK can get the book for £10 direct from Sharyn or me – that's £2.99 discount on cover price and includes P&P. From Sharyn, see http://talestotell.wordpress.com. I think she's taking cheques only at the moment. From me, people with Paypal accounts can transfer the tenner to Paypal account ID mail [at] sarahirving.net (that needs typing out as a proper email address but I'm not writing it out as one for anti-spam purposes). Don't forget to include a postal address in the Paypal message field. Cheques, made payable to Sarah Irving, should be sent to my Openspace address, which is Unit 1, 41 Old Birley St, Manchester M15 5RF – and again, don't forget a postal address. I know from my days at Ethical Consumer how many people manage to send cheques without adding information on what they're for or who they're from... and please note that Sharyn and I won't actually be getting our stocks of the book until early January, but if anyone wants them as Christmas (and other seasonal celebration) presents we can do vouchers to give to people.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations for your new book!!
ReplyDeleteall the best Sarah,
Amine